Typically the words decadent and salad do not go hand in hand, however, this salad’s components break all the stereotypes. The spiced chickpeas and air fried feta make this salad filling and more importantly, delicious. The utilization of Mendocino Spices in this recipe is crucial to include sharp tastes that make you want to keep eating.
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Mendocino Spices Pizza Topper
1 lemon, squeezed
Pickled Red Onions
3 oz feta
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup panko
1 tsp Mendocino Spices Pizza Topper
1 can garbanzo beans
1 1/2 tsp Mendocino Spices Light Chile Powder
1/2 tsp Mendocino Spices Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Mendocino Spices Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Mendocino Spices Ground Cumin
1 tsp Mendocino Spices All-Purpose Seasoning
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. For the spiced chickpeas mix together all of the Mendocino Spices ingredients.
– Drain the canned garbanzo beans and pour on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little EVOO and toss them with Mendocino Spices.
– Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. While the chickpeas are cooking mix together all the dressing ingredients.
– Preheat airfryer to 450° F (max crispy).
– On three separate plates, place the flour and Mendocino Spices, mixed. On another, the panko, and on the last plate the egg, mixed.
– Cut the feta into thick slices or cubes. One at a time toss each piece of feta in the flour mixture, egg, then panko.
– Airfry for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown.
– Toss spring mix in your desired amount of dressing. Spread hummus at the bottom of a salad bowl or plate and add dressed spring mix, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pickled onions, chickpeas, and fried feta.